Signs of aging are often most prominent in the face. If you’re uncomfortable with the signs of aging in your face, a face lift may procedure may be right for you. Known as rhytidectomy, a face lift can improve signs of aging and restore youthfulness to the face and neck.
A face lift procedure:
- Improves sagging in the midface
- Removes creases in the lower eyelid
- Repositions or removes fat that has fallen out of place
- Corrects muscle tone loss and jowls in the lower face
- Addresses “double chin” by removing loose skin and fat deposits of the lower chin
Candidates for this procedure are healthy, non-smoking adults who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical condition that may interfere with healing.
It may take up to several months for the swelling to fully dissipate, and up to six months for full recovery. The results will be long-lasting, although appropriate sun protection and good health will extend the results.